David Hansen (playwright)
David Hansen is an American actor, director, and a member of the Cleveland Play House Playwrights Unit. He is the founder of Dobama's Night Kitchen and co-founder of Guerrilla Theater Company and Bad Epitaph Theater Company, and is a recipient of a 2010 Creative Workforce Fellowship from the Community Partnership for Arts and Culture.
He is a graduate of Bay Village High School, and holds a degree in Theater from Ohio University. He is married to writer Toni Thayer. He is currently Education Outreach Associate for Great Lakes Theater.
Awards and PublicationHis play I Hate This: A Play Without the Baby received an award for Excellence in Solo Performance at the New York International Fringe Festival in 2003. His adaptation of Agatha Christie's The Mysterious Affair at Styles was published by Playscripts Inc., and both Double Heart and his adaptation of Agatha Christie's The Secret Adversary published by YouthPLAYS.
Full-Length and One-ActsI Hate This has also been adapted as a radio drama in 2005.
Hansen often performs in his own plays, and also has a history of performances in new or recently developed works by notable playwrights, including:
- Screen Play
- No Cure For Cancer
- On the Beam
- Tiresias Riddles The Fates
- The Lady
- Seven Ages with Nina Domingue, Mike Geither, Christine Howey, Anne McEvoy, Michael Oatman & Toni K. Thayer
- The Gulf with Joshua D. Brown, Kelly Elliott, Brian Fox, Margi Herwald, Derek Koger, Leah D. Krauss, Heather N. Stout & Sean Sullivan
- Cole Cuts with David Bell, Suzanne L. Miller & Toni K. Thayer
- This Vicious Cabaret with Erin Myers, Mike Schmidt, Toni K. Thayer & Jenna Weiss
- Mind Your Own Business rotating sketch show, written by ensemble
- You Have the Right to Remain Silent! rotating sketch show, written by ensemble
Performances in plays by other playwrights