Ankita is a Sanskrit word meaning "Marked". As with any adjective in the language, it can take on a nominal form. The word is often used as a female name in Asian countries, typically because of its extended meaning as "one with auspicious signs "engraving".
Notable people named Ankita
- Ankita Bhakat, Indian recurve archer.
- Ankita Bhambri, Indian former professional tennis player.
- Ankita Gaba, Indian businesswoman, computer scientist, engineer, entrepreneur and co-founder of Social Samosa.
- Ankita Lokhande, Indian actress.
- Ankita Makwana, Swiss-Indian actress, model, producer, speaker and writer.
- Ankita Bhargava Patel, Indian television actress.
- Ankita Raina, Indian professional tennis player.
- Ankita Mayank Sharma, Indian model and television actress.
- Ankita Shorey, Indian model and Femina Miss India International 2011 contest winner.