National State Television and Radio Company of Belarus
The National State TV and Radio Company of the Republic of Belarus is the state television and radio broadcasting service in Belarus. In 1993 it was admitted as a full active member of the European Broadcasting Union under the name Belarusian Television and Radio Company . Belteleradiocompany gives particular importance to the development of international cooperation and is partnered with broadcasting companies all over the world. The company has concluded a total of 63 cooperation agreements with foreign broadcasters.
TelevisionBelteleradio operates six television channels, of which five are distributed nationally and one is distributed internationally.
Belteleradio operates two national radio services and three regional FM services.
See also Censorship in Belarus
- First Channel - The largest nationwide radio channel in Belarus
- Radio Station "Belarus" - National and international service with programming in seven languages
- Channel "Culture" - Regional FM service, cultural and musical programming.
- Radio "Stolitsa" - Regional FM service, local programming.
- Radius-FM - Regional FM service, youth-oriented music station.
International experts and the Belarusian opposition traditionally name the state TV as one of the main instruments of propaganda by the authoritarian regime of Alexander Lukashenko. It is being accused of misinformation, advocating political repressions and rigging of elections, smearing regime critics.
Employees and top managers of state TV channels, including channels of BTRC, have several times been subjects to sanctions from the EU and the United States.